DSHS Virtual Coordinator Course
DSHS will hold the spring 2021 Coordinator Course virtually Tuesday, April 13, 2021 and Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
See below for complete details and requirements.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Virtual Course – via ZOOM
Course is now full and no longer accepting registrants.
Registrant must meet the minimum requirements to register for the Coordinator Course. Those can be seen here.
DSHS will hold the spring 2021 Coordinator Course virtually in conjunction with the 2021 Texas EMS Educators Summit. Candidates should be prepared for two fast paced and intense days of classroom instruction to prepare to become a Course Coordinator. After attending and completing the full course and successfully passing the Coordinator Course exam, candidates will be provided a course completion certificate. Candidates have one year and up to three attempts to successfully pass the certification exam. You are encouraged to review the requirements for certification listed in the link below before you register for the course or apply for certification; you will be asked to attest that you have reviewed and meet the requirements for certification when registering for the course. The DSHS certification process can be found at the following link (EMS Course Coordinator rule: EMS Rule §157.43). For information on EMS Coordinator certification requirements or more information on class content, contact Jaime Vallejo (Jaime.Vallejo@dshs.texas.gov) or Mattie Mendoza (Mattie.Mendoza@dshs.texas.gov).
Certification Application Process:
- Must be a Texas EMS Instructor.
- Applications for Course Coordinator certification will be accepted through the DSHS online application system after certification requirements are met. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Applicants for certification will log-in to their EMS account, verify licensing information (personnel and instructor) and then select the application to upgrade from the instructor certification to the basic or advanced coordinator level.
- Applicants will upload all the required documentation online when applying. Documents must be in PDF format, no larger than 5MB in size, and not have a name longer than 16 characters. Please insure any document you upload has your full name and contact information on it.
- Application fees are non-refundable. Remember, if requirements are not completed within one year after the course completion date, the candidate must reapply including the completion of another initial course and pass the exam to be certified.
- Apply online for certification at: DSHS Online Services.
- Please ensure you have a valid email and telephone number. Most communication will be sent by email.
- Sladek Conference Services, Inc. will handle coordinator course registration only. Any questions about the course should be directed to your local EMS Field Office or EMS Specialist.
Payment of registration fees may be made by credit card or check. Credit card payments are accepted through the online registration system.
To pay by check, make checks payable to: Sladek Conference Services, Inc.
Send checks to: Sladek Conference Services, Inc., PO Box 187, Lampasas, TX 76550.
No registrations by check will be accepted after March 18, 2021.
Refunds may be requested through March 31, 2021, subject to a 20% administrative fee. No refunds will be given after March 31, 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Sladek Conference Services, Inc. by phone at 512-759-1720 or by email at email@example.com.